Saturday, March 13, 2010

Picassa part II....and general randomness.

Crescent Lake, WA

What and So What?
This blog will be a bit different, due to the fact that I did my blog on Picassa last week. Because of her illness, our professor decided to rearrange our class schedule to fit the rest of the term. So in our most recent class we discussed what topics we were going to learn about, and which ones we would just throw out. After that, she taught us briefly on the Picassa lesson that we had missed before, and then she allowed us to have free time where we played around with Picassa for a while and then had the chance to leave early.

I chose to stay, and played around with the photo-editing program for about an hour. I edited some of my own photos, and then started editing random ones I found on Google. It was fun, and a lot of the time I played around with them, making them black and white or enhancing them to look far more dramatic than they did before (as you will see from the samples I’ve put up).
A Harbor Seal in Port Angeles, WA
(it swam within feet of my brother, allowing him to get several amazing photographs)

Now what?
I fully plan on using programs like Picassa in the future. If not for my future class, for my own use. It is a fun and easy program, and it would be easy to teach to a class of young students. Children are always eager to learn about things like this, and I think it would be a fun lesson to draw out over a couple of days or even weeks.
And because I already critiqued the “Power Point” video last week, please enjoy two more samples of my attempts with Picassa!



A Sunrise (I enhanced the colors to make them more dramatic)




A forest road (it reminded me of some of the roads in the NorthWest coastal region)











No comments:

Post a Comment